Florida Building Code, Permit and License Information
Florida Building Code Agency
2601 Blair Stone Rd
Tallahassee, FL 32399
What Florida Building Code Editions Are Adopted:
- 2018 International Building Code with state amendments
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code with state amendments
- 2017 National Electric Code (NEC)
- 2018 International Existing Building Code with state amendments
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code with state amendments
- 2018 International Mechanical Code with state amendments
- 2018 International Plumbing Code with state amendments
- 2018 International Residential Code with state amendments
The 2020 Florida Construction Code is based on the 2017 Florida Building Code (FBC). Updates to the 2018 International Construction Codes were considered, but not all 2018 I-Code updates were approved for inclusion in the 2020 FBC.
Florida adopted the 2017 NEC.
The International Green Construction Code is voluntary for cities and counties and is an option of state owned, leased, operated and financed buildings.
The International Property Maintenance Code is voluntary for cities and counties.
Applicability (statewide, local, limited): STATEWIDE
State code must be enforced in local jurisdictions.
|State Licensing||Contractor licensing is required by the State of Florida.|
|State Building Code||The 2020 Florida Construction Codes are based on the 2018 I-Codes and includes adoption of the 2017 NEC.
|State Licensing Division||https://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/pro/cilb/|
|State Environmental Permit||https://www.dep.state.fl.us/secretary/info/permitting.htm|
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming