Hawaii Permit, Building Code and Licensing Information

Department of Accounting and General Services
1151 Punchbowl Street
Phone: 808 586-0400
Fax: 808 586-0775


Hawaii Permit, Building Code and Licensing Information

State Website http://www.state.hi.us
State Licensing License required for electrical, plumbing, pesticide, manufactured housing, landscape architecture and asbestos removal.  No state license is required for general contracting.
State Building Code  

The State of Hawaii has adopted the 2006 International Building Code (IBC), 2006 International Residential Code (IRC), 2006 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC), and the 2008 National Electrical Code (NEC). See local government agencies below for additionally adopted codes.

State Licensing Division http://www.state.hi.us/dcca/pvl
State Fire Marshal http://www1.honolulu.gov/hfd/statefirecouncil.htm
State Environmental Permit http://hawaii.gov/health/environmental/oeqc/index.html


Skip to toolbar