Rhode Island Permit, Building Code & Licensing Information

Rhode Island State Building & Fire Code Regulations
82 Smith Street
Phone: 401-222-4096


Rhode Island Permit, Building Code & Licensing Information

State Websitehttp://www.ri.gov/
State LicensingContractor licensing is required by the State of Rhode Island for electrical, plumbing and mechanical work. License is also required for work on one to four family dwellings.
State Building CodeThe State of Rhode Island has adopted the 2009 International Building Code (2009 IBC), the 2009 International Residential Code (2009 IRC), the 2009 International Mechanical Code (2009 IMC), the 2009 International Plumbing Code (2009 IPC), the 2009International Fuel Gas Code (2009 IFGC), the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (2009 IECC) and the 2009 International Property Maintenance Code (2009 IPMC).
State Licensing Divisionhttp://www.crb.state.ri.us
State Fire Marshallhttp://www.fire-marshal.ri.gov/links.php
State Environmental Permithttp://www.dem.ri.gov/



  • Blog Categories