Oklahoma Office of the State Fire Marshal
2401 NW 23rd
Suite 4
Oklahoma City
Contact Person: Jon Roberts
Phone: 405-522-5016


Oklahoma Permit, Building Code and Licensing Information

State Website https://www.ok.gov/
State Licensing Resident electrical, mechanical, and plumbing contractors must be licensed. There are special requirements for non-resident contractors. See website for details.
State Building Code The State of Oklahoma has adopted the 2015 International Building Code (IBC), the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC), the 2015 International Fire Code (IFC), the 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC), the 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC), and the 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC),

Oklahoma requires Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing contractors to obtain a license, as well as roofing contractors.  The roofing requirement went into effect after January 1, 2011.

State Licensing Division https://www.chooselicensedcontractors.ok.gov/
State Fire Marshall
State Environmental Permit https://www.deq.state.ok.us/