FAQ – Beer & Wine Permits

Get Your Beer and Wine Permits!

  • What do I need to get a beer and wine license?
    • In order to get Beer & Wine Licensing, you need to get approval from the city or county and almost always from the state. Have you talked to either one?
  • How long does it take?
    • It can take anywhere from 90 days all the way up-to 1 year. It depends on the address of the property and the most recent use. What is your address? I can do some research and get back to you.
  • How much does it cost to get beer and wine permits?
    • There are costs associated with preparing for the applications, there are application fees that the city and state will ask for and you will also need an architect to draw up floor plans and such. In some cases, you may also have to notify the public. If you can provide an address, we can outline costs as best as possible.
  • Do I need two bathrooms?
    • Yes, California Plumbing Code does state that you need separate male and female bathrooms if you plan on serving alcohol. They both need to be handicap accessible.
  • What about parking?
    • Parking has to do with your change of use and not with the Beer and Wine Licensing. Was the space originally a restaurant?
  •  What are the next steps?
    • If you provide us with an address and square feet, we can provide a due diligence and feasibility report back to you in two weeks. The cost does vary from about $500-$1500 for the report. Do you have a space in mind already?

Free Project Analysis