Alcohol Permits Service

Alcohol Permitting Service

Alcohol Permits are a key component of a profitable cafe or restaurant. If you own a café or restaurant and do not serve alcohol, you may be missing out on a very profitable component of your business.

Permit Place removes these annoyances by taking you out of the equation and managing the alcohol permitting process on your behalf. We will solve any difficulties that arise regarding alcohol permits for your project specifically, with your input along the way, and expedite the permitting timeline as a bonus providing you the easiest alcohol permitting service in the following states:









Boost Revenue With An Alcohol Permit!
Get a Free Quote Online Today!

Drive More Profits With An Alcohol Permit

When you call us, we will talk to you in plain, straight-forward language about your business.  We will determine what type of license best suits the needs of your business.  You will need two types: A state ABC and a local conditional use permit or “CUP”.

Two of the most common state license types for restaurants are (a) Type 41 – beer and wine only, and (b) Type 47 – beer, wine, and hard liquor.  An important state requirement to be aware of is that your restaurant must be a “bona fide eating place” to qualify for either of the above license types.

What does “bona fide” eating place mean?  Basically, it means that your restaurant must include a suitable kitchen equipped to serve ordinary meals (versus only appetizers to accompany drinks), and show that a minimum of 51% of your gross receipts is from food sales.


Permit Place Can Expedite Conditional Use Permits (CUPs) As Well!

In addition, you will need a local zoning permit required by your local municipality.  These permits are most often called Conditional Use Permits (CUP) and, although the CUP process may occur concurrently with the state process, it is different than a liquor license.

A CUP permits the serving of alcohol on the property itself and may remain for use by a future business if ownership changes.  Whereas, a liquor license is issued to the owners of the business allowing the sale of alcoholic beverages at a particular location.   Once you have your liquor license you may be able to bring it with you if you choose to relocate your restaurant.  However, you will still likely need to obtain a new CUP.


Permit Place Can Even Help New Businesses With Community Integration

In addition to helping you file your state and local Liquor License or alcohol permit, we will also help you work with the Police at the local hearing.  Yes, it is recommended that you work with the police early on.  They will want to know how many other businesses are serving alcohol in the area? They want to make sure that there isn’t “over-concentrated” or “high-crime”.  We help you through this process.

Although these are some of the primary considerations that you should keep in mind before starting the approval processes for alcohol and local permitting, there are many other details that a qualified permit consultant can provide you with.  The bottom line is that evaluation of your needs, timing, budget, and location, as well as comprehensive research with the local and state agencies early in the process, can save you time, money and a lot of stress later.


Free Project Analysis


Related Read

California Liquor Licenses: Types, Costs, Timeframes and How to Get One